Friday, November 18, 2011

Pumpkin Pie Spiced Bourbon

Thanksgiving is coming up, and I thought I'd try celebrating with some spice-infused bourbon.

In a 375 ml bottle, I put:
  • 1 stick of cinnamon
  • 1 nutmeg seed, cracked (wrap it in a paper towel and whack it with a tenderizer or hammer)
  • 1 tbs or so of fresh ginger, peeled and cut into strips
  • 10 allspice berries
  • 10 oz or so bourbon




I used Wild Turkey 101, which seems a fitting choice for this holiday. I'll give it an occasional shake (don't think it needs it, it's just fun to tinker), and taste it in three or four days to see how things are coming along and if the seasonings need to be adjusted.

I'm not sure what I'll do with it come Thanksgiving. I expect it would improve store-bought egg nog, and it might get worked into whipped cream. If I'm really lucky, it will even taste good neat.

2 comments:

  1. Particularly pleasing those seasoned whiskey drinkers who prefer a refined liquor, the versatility of Gaur Spice Whiskey is sure to satisfy any way it is savored. Gaur Spice Whiskey infused with Cinnamon, Ginger, Clove and Nutmeg.
    Spice flavored whiskey
    Best spice flavored whiskey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And here I thought I didn't accept advertising on this blog.

      I've never tried Gaur Spice Whiskey, so I can't say how satisfied I'd be savoring its versatility. It's possible that it doesn't taste like drug store brand hard candy, like most of the flavored whiskeys I've tried that didn't taste like drug store brand cough syrup.

      Delete